Best Affiliate Programs for Beginners
Ever thought about letting your money work for you, instead of you working for it?
Many of us have been taught that the only way to make a living is through active income.
Meaning you have to constantly use your time and energy to get paid.
If you’re here, you know that there are ways to make your money work for you, and affiliate marketing is one of the best ways to create passive income.
If you have a website, affiliate marketing is one of the best ways to generate revenue, but with so many programs out there, narrowing down the right choice can be tough.
- 10 Popular Voice Acting Categories
- Best Selling Items on Poshmark
- Best Voice Over Microphones for Beginners
- 12 Jobs With the Best Travel Perks
- Make Passive Income with Turnkey Property Investing
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will make a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Getting Started as an Affiliate Marketer
To become an affiliate, most of these programs require that you have a website of your own and some writing skills, so extensions like Grammarly will help to make sure that your writing is up to par with your audience’s needs.
Another option is to become a content creator on larger platforms like Youtube or Instagram.
The popular choice is to start a website and to use Bluehost for your site host. Many bloggers are opting to use Bluehost due to its reliability and user-friendly interface.
However, it can be tough to design and create your own website, that’s why we recommend purchasing templates to make the process a lot easier for you.
A platform that offers great website templates is WPEngine which makes designing your site a lot easier and faster.
WPEngine even offers to host your website, which makes it a one-stop-shop.
Once you have created your website, you can write blog posts that pertain to the topics related to the affiliate programs that you have chosen.
The best way to include your affiliate links is by adding them naturally and choosing the programs that you have used or to include a trusted company.
It is important for you to only provide your audience with companies that are reliable because you want to be able to keep their trust.
If you would rather include your affiliates in videos, you can do this by mentioning the company and links to your content.
Many video creators do product reviews or casually mention the products that are relevant to the topic they are discussing.
If you’re ready to start narrowing down the best affiliate program, below are the best affiliate networks and programs for different niches.
Printable Blog Content Planner
This 10-page blog content planner can be printed to use all year long and will help you break down tasks into manageable chunks!
One of the easiest ways to get started with affiliate marketing for beginners is to join one of the Affiliate networks.
They’ll often serve as a helpful middleman for payments and some of these programs even offer awards and other incentives for those who are their best sellers.
Here are some of the best affiliate networks you can join:
- AWIN– AWIN has over 200,000 publishers working for them currently, and for good reason. Their platform offers a variety of helpful tools and partnerships.
- Clickbank– Clickbank is a free network that advertises itself as a platform that works to help push for growth with its wide selection of affiliate partnerships.
- Rakuten– Rakuten is another free network you can join that works as a good middle-man for getting your payments after they reach a certain threshold and it’s free to join.
- ShareASale– This platform has some great tools for tracking your performance and helping you find the perfect partnership for your website.
What a lot of these programs will do for you is help to narrow down the massive selection of programs and networks to choose from.
These are some of the most reliable and best affiliate programs you could join.
Shopping and Product Affiliates
If your platform is mainly focused on shopping or directly selling products then one of these affiliate programs might be right up your alley.
- Amazon’s Associate’s Program– Amazon is among the largest catalog of products out there to choose from. What makes this one of the best affiliate programs to join is that its selection of products gives you free rein to talk about almost anything. We’ve even covered the topic of this program before. Commission for this program is around 1-6%.
- eBay’s Partner Network– eBay is by far one of the most diverse marketplaces anyone can shop at, since you can find almost anything there. Their partner network provides tracking tools, leverageable deals, and rewards to affiliates that innovate. One of the best perks of this partnership is that you’ll get up to 70% of any auction fees for the auctions you promote.
- Etsy– You can help small business creators on Etsy by promoting their products while earning a commission! Joining Etsy’s affiliate program also nets you some great benefits like access to exclusive reports, content, and competitions. Commission for Etsy affiliates is up to 8%.
- Overstock– Overstock affiliates receive a 6% commission from the products they help sell and you’ll get a bunch of other things like paid media opportunities and access to Overstock’s dedicated affiliate team for assistance.
- Target– Target’s affiliates earn an 8% commission from the products they help to sell. The best part is that they’ll provide you a weekly catalog of the best deals to talk about on your website.
A lot of these online stores are great since there are a ton of products you can promote, which means more opportunities to earn.
Free Work Online Training
Still confused and don’t know how to find an online job? This training will help you learn how to land your ideal remote job ASAP!
Sports and Sporting Goods Affiliates
If your content provides guides and information on sports then you’ll want to be involved in an affiliate program relating to sports or sporting goods in general.
Here are some of the best affiliate programs that would fit your content:
- Al’s Sporting Goods– Al’s is one of Utah’s oldest sporting goods companies. They have a selection of products for camping, skiing, hiking, and climbing that you can talk about with your adventurous audience. The commission for this program is 7.2%
- Dick’s Sporting Goods– this affiliate program grants you access to their product Data Feed, which allows you to feature their products on your website front and center. They’ll even give you access to specialized website banners as well. Affiliates make 5% from the sales of this program.
- Fitbit– Fitbit’s affiliate membership program is free to join and is as easy as adding their banners to your website to promote their products. The average Commission for this program is 7.2%
- GoPro– The GoPro affiliate program is great if your blog promotes adventure and travel. The standard commission rate for this affiliate program is 5% and you get other features like deep linking and access to continuous product launches.
- Leftlane Sports– Leftlane Affiliates earn a 10% commission for every sale they make. They give you 60 days to earn a commission from sales and their biggest requirement is that you’re a leading member of the sports e-commerce community.
- UnderArmour– Under Armour’s affiliate program will pay you 5% of the sales you make for them. It’s free to join and their award-winning program is easy to keep track of thanks to their tools.
Financial Affiliate Programs
If your focus is on finances and you like to create content that is money-related, then these are some of the best affiliate programs you can join.
- Barclays Bank– Barclays offers a flat rate of $2 per sale. They more than makeup for this rate with how high their conversion rates are.
- Bankrate Credit Cards– Bankrate’s program is free to start and gives a commission rate starting at around 45% of shared revenue. They’re great to work with if you focus a lot on the topic of credit cards.
- Credit.com– Being a part of Credit.com’s programs nets you some financial resources that would otherwise be impossible to attain. Their commission rate is variable and while they don’t take new members often, you can check back to see when they are accepting new applicantsl.
- Lending Tree– For each lead you get, you earn a $70 commission. Lending Tree is known primarily for being a price comparison website for various loans.
- Transunion– The Transunion Affiliate Program is free to join and offers all sorts of tips, guides, and tools for its members. The commission rate for this program is varies with payments happening at a monthly rate.
A lot of these financial affiliate programs have strict guidelines that need to be followed, so as long as you read up on the rules and follow them closely, you should be fine.
Travel Affiliate Programs
If you offer travel content to your audience then these affiliate programs might be more up your alley.
We’ve compiled some of the best affiliate programs for travel bloggers to include in their content.
- Booking.com– Booking.com’s program is one of the best affiliate programs out there for travel bloggers, allowing many customization options for how the bookings are done, these can include travel locations and they even have a way to effectively manage your earnings. The commission for this program can go as high as 40%.
- Expedia– The commission rate for Expedia goes as high as 6% for their affiliates. Benefits include access to all of Expedia’s connections for travel, hotels, and activities as well as a centralized and customizable set of tools at your disposal.
- Kayak– Kayak’s affiliates get paid 60% of the booking fees in commission. They offer seamless integration of their services and the use of their travel search engine.
- World Nomads– World Nomads specializes in insurance options for people that like to frequently travel. The commission rate you can expect from an affiliate partnership with them is 10%.
- Lonely Planet– Lonely Planet’s affiliate program is different in that their providers are hosted separately. Awin hosts the American and UK programs while Commission Junction hosts the Asian Pacific programs. You’ll earn 12% commission from travel guides and 15% on bookings.
- Marriott– With Marriott hotels around the world, this one almost seems like a no-brainer for anyone wanting to become a travel blog affiliate marketer. The commission that working with Marriott gets you is 6%.
VPN Affiliate Programs
The topic of VPNs likely will come up more if your blog is centered around Cybersecurity and similar topics, but it can be worked into just about any subject.
Here are some of the best VPN affiliate programs you could work with:
- CyberGhost– CyberGhost’s affiliate program is one of the highest paying ones out there, with the potential to earn upwards of 100% commission from each referral. They offer the fastest payouts and even special offers if you’re high-performing.
- Express VPN– One of the oldest VPNs out there, it has certainly built up a big reputation for itself. The commission rate for Express VPN is $36 for every successful referral you’re able to generate.
- NordVPN– Nord offers a recurring commission of 30% a month, with the ability to make 40-100% of the generated commission in total. The fact that their brand is a long-standing and trusted one means conversion rates are typically higher.
- Private Internet Access– PIA provides access to users in over 30 countries and is relatively easy to sign up for. You can earn up to 33% commission.
- Surfshark– Surfshark is similar to most VPNs however it also offers a multi-hop feature, which allows you to access servers in multiple locations at once. Their affiliates can earn upwards of 40% per referral.
VPNs are some of the best affiliate programs out there due to their versatility when it comes to incorporating them into your content and the fact that they can provide users with a better sense of privacy anywhere in the world.
Cryptocurrency is a hot topic for investment blogs and we have found the best affiliate programs that could provide you with the best potential earnings.
Certain cryptos and crypto trading sites offer affiliate programs that we have listed below:
- Coinbase– is one of the biggest platforms for both sellers and buyers. The commission earned is 50% of trade fees for the first 3 months.
- Binance– is a trading platform that most crypto traders will use, so why not earn while you refer? Every time one of your referrals makes a trade you’ll earn a lifetime commission from them. You can earn up to 50% commission from referrals to Binance.
- KuCoin– is a newer exchange, but it’s also one of the fastest-growing ones with its growing number of supported coins. The commission rates go as high as 50%.
- CoinMama– CoinMama’s main mission is to help simplify Cryptocurrency for more people to trade with it. They help by taking out the risk of P2P trade, obviously incurring other fees. Their commission rate is 15% per referral.
- Changelly– is another recent crypto exchange that has emerged. They have a fairly easy onboarding process and their affiliates earn 50% of their generated revenue.
All of these listed programs are some of the best affiliate programs for beginners to start earning passive income.
Unless the policy says otherwise, you’re usually not limited to just one affiliate partnership, just make sure you can keep up with them so that you can earn enough to fully support your ideal remote lifestyle!