If you have ever scrolled around on Instagram, you may have come across the “Be a Pineapple” creator Kat Gaskin and her beautiful images of sunsets, beaches and salty pineapples.
Kat is the original creator of the “Be a Pineapple” quote, which became viral on the internet.
“Be a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside.” – Kat Gaskin
On this episode, Kat talks about how one missed opportunity gave her a lesson on how to be a better girl boss.
In this Episode
- How Kat got the courage to leave her corporate job.
- What two steps Kat took to achieve her goals of creating the Salty Pineapple brand.
- What two biggest struggles Kat faces as an entrepreneur and creative.
- Why being an entrepreneur is not glamorous.
- What hard lessons Kat learned after creating the “Be a Pineapple” quote.
- What sacrifices Kat made to run her business.
- How Kat created multiple income streams to lessen the financial risks and to have a variety of different creative projects.
- How Kat applies skills from past jobs to her new projects.
- Why the people who are closest to you may not always be your #1 fan.
- Why you should take time to discover yourself on your own and the importance of traveling solo.
- A question from our listener Jessica @missjt123 from Instagram