Ep. 16 How to be a trailblazer and deal with the pressure to succeed with Meagan Morrison
How to be a trailblazer and deal with the pressure to succeed with Meagan Morrison
My guest today is the talented Meagan Morrison. Who is the creator of Travel Write Draw.
On this episode Meagan talks about how to be a trailblazer and dealing with the pressure to succeed.
Meagan knew she wanted to be a Fashion illustrator but also wanted to incorporate her other interests in Travel and writing to her art.
She discovered that there were no jobs that fit this niche so she did what many thought to be impossible. She forged her own path by creating her blog Travel Write Draw which combined all of her passions.
Today Meagan has successfully created a new niche in the industry that has allowed her to travel , write and create fashion illustrations for magazines, hotels and personal collections all over the world.
In this Episode:
- How to be a trailblazer by combining your passions to create your perfect career.
- What are the first steps to take to create a creative blog.
- What are the biggest misconceptions to a traveling and creative lifestyle.
- How success does not come easy, it is a daily grind.
- How do deal with pressures when you start seeing success.
- Dealing with imposter syndrome.
- How Instagram helped Meagan transition from her 9-5 to become a full time travel fashion illustrator
- How to set achievable goals in order to gain success.
- Why it is important to keep striving for your dreams even when you have huge obstacles that are against you.
- The importance of being a trailblazer and always having a plan in order to achieve your dreams.
- Why it is important not to be afraid to ask for help when you need it.
- You can either accept bad advice or you can challenge it.
- Why talent can be outweighed by persistence.
- Why it is important not to cut ties with your full time position until you have work lined up.
- The power of putting yourself out there in order to achieve your dreams.
- What it means to find your passions.
- Why it is important not to put pressure on yourself to be one thing.
- The ideal partner for a successful dynamic female entrepreneur.
Listen To the Extended Episode Below:
In this episode:
- What is the role of an illustrator.
- Who would be perfect for this career.
- What is the first step to take to become an illustrator.
- How to price your work.
- How to find a client.
- The best way to market yourself as an illustrator.
- The most valuable action you can do when you are starting out as an illustrator.
- Where to find the best resources to find more information on illustration.
We hope you enjoyed this extended interview. Make sure to show us some love!