Ep. 31 How to a build a purposeful career as a social entrepreneur with Jennifer Loong
How to build a purposeful career as a social entrepreneur with Jennifer Loong
Have you ever wondered how to build a purposeful career as a social entrepreneur with Jennifer Loong.
This week, I talked to Jennifer Long who is the founder of WanderSnap.
Before creating her company WanderSnap, she helped launch both LuluLemon Atheletica and Tom’s in China after growing teams at Alibaba and Groupon HK. .
Jen knew she had a greater purpose which led her to create WanderSnap, a company that affordably connects travelers with local photographers to create compelling images and purposeful jobs.
On this episode, Jennifer shares how to build a purposeful career as a social entrepreneur and create jobs in developing countries.
In this Episode:
- Why Jen created a company that created jobs for locals in developing countries.
- How to build a purposeful career as a social entrepreneur
- How to create a solid and effective team for your business.
- Why it is important to learn the gap in your skills before hiring a new team member.
- What an average day looks like for a startup entrepreneur.
- Why you should work smarter not harder.
- How to save your time and energy in finding the right lead when you are networking.
- Why it is important to understand the risks and learning how to deal with setbacks.
- Trust your gut because no one will care more about your business than you.
- How to build a good support system to keep you grounded.
- How Jennifer uses the app Off Time to help her disconnect to be more productive.
- Why Jennifer is passionate about creating creative jobs and making them sustainable.
Listen to Jennifer’s extended interview where she shares how to create a location-independent business.
In this episode:
- Why create a nomadic team and business.
- The benefits of having a team in different parts of the world.
- How to prepare your business to become location independent.
- How to build the right nomadic team.
- The best resources for a digital nomad.
- How to automate your business.
- How to present your business to investors.