Ep. 11 Completing the 7 summits in 42 climbing days to help Nepal with Ac Sherpa
Completing the 7 summits in the world in 42 days is only one of the many incredible things that Ac Sherpa has accomplished.
I met Ac a few years ago when he was promoting International Sherpa guides at the NY Times travel show. Ac’s humanitarian work and climbing the 7 summits is so incredible that I had to share his story with you!
Ac was born in a small village in Nepal where he, along with many others in his town struggled daily. Ac then immigrated to the U.S. and lived with his brother but left home at the age of 13.
Seeing the many struggles in Nepal, Ac decided to climb the 7 summits to raise awareness.
Today Ac continues to do humanitarian work with the 7summitsfoundation.org where he provides education, health care, and homes for the people of Nepal.
In this Episode
- Climbing the 7 summits allowed Ac to raise awareness to the plight of Nepal.
- We must learn how to grab every opportunity given instead of staying in the same place.
- Facing struggles at such an early age forced Ac to mature and grow faster.
- Finding balance and learning how to be disciplined in order to overcome struggles.
- Learning a new language was the biggest struggle and leaving the family support he did not have when he moved to the United States.
- Ac prepared to climb the 7 summits by climbing Mount Rainier.
- Funding the 7 summit climb by selling his Microsoft stocks and getting sponsors.
- Take a risk and pursue your passion because life is a gamble. Goal’s may not be achieved the first time but it will be done eventually if you keep going.
- Trust comes from observable actions rather than the ideas that have never come to fruition.
- Ac created the 7 summit foundation when he realized that most of the men left the villages after the revolution in order to find jobs, leaving the women with the burden of caring for their family.
- How to help Nepal by creating labor for the locals or doing the trip of a lifetime with International Sherpa Guides, which gives 30% of their proceeds to the people of Nepal.
Follow Ac Sherpa: