Ep. 62 How to become a location independent content strategist with Sandra Muller
Have you ever wondered how to be a location independent content strategist?
This week I speak with Sandra Muller who is a professional writer by day and a burgeoning novelist by night.
Sandra is a content strategist who left a safe and secure career to travel the world!
Little did she know it would lead to the most amazing journey that not only gave her fulfillment but a beautiful family.
Today, Sandra is a freelancer with a home base in Korea and continues to be a content strategist and SEO copywriter.
Listen on to find out how Sandra has been able to become a location independent content strategist.
In this Episode:
- Sandra knew that she never wanted to return in the corporate world after having her son at the age of 40.
- How to be a freelance content strategist.
- She knew that she wanted to live the best life she can for her family.
- Making sure to have savings before making big financial and career decisions.
- The importance and privilege to be able to stay at home and be a part of your child’s early years.
The biggest lesson you have learned starting a business and becoming a mother later in life?
- Your 20’s are a time for exploration and can be the selfish years where you find yourself as a person.
- Not having the ticking clock and the biological need to reproduce until later on in life.
- Realizing that you will realize in your own time when you are ready to start a family, and there is no exact time line.
What is the one thing you wished you knew before becoming a full-time freelancer?
- Managing your cashflow can be extremely difficult when you become a freelancer.
- Although you may have work, you will not get payed for 30 or more days after starting or ending the project.
- Being in charge of billing can be difficult, especially when tracking down payments from clients.
What has been the biggest setback you have encountered and how do you usually handle them?
- The biggest set back can be your self and having imposter syndrome.
- You have to trust in your abilities and that you will find your way to confidence.
What is the worst advice that you have ever received?
- Realizing that being a digital nomad is not for everyone.
- Understanding what type of freelancer you want to be and what you feel comfortable doing.
How did you create income from the start and how do you continue to create income today as a freelancer?
- Networking can play a huge role in creating a sustainable income as a freelancer.
- Creating great work can lead to referrals that will lead to more work.
- Making sure that you are an individual that others want to work with.
What legacy do you want to leave and what do you want to be remembered for?
- Someone who does not feel the need to be contained in our societies norms.
- To be able to inspire others to live a life they truly want to live.
What do you nerd out on?
- Hiking and pilates are the two activities Sandra nerds out on.
What has been the most life changing meeting with a person that you have ever encountered?
- Meeting her husband has been the most life changing meeting that has happened to Sandra.
What are you working on today that is really exciting?
- Writing a young adult novel about a coming of age story.
Click here to get the extended interview with Sandra Muller to find out how to write well for online content.