Ep. 33 How to form a deeper connection while traveling with Justa Lujwangana
How to form a deeper connection while traveling with Justa Lujwangana
Have you ever wondered how to form a deeper connection while traveling?
This week, I talked to Justa Lujwangana who is the founder of Curious on Tanzania.
Justa emigrated to the United States at the age of 12 from Tanzania. Although Justa was born in Tanzania, she spent her formative years in the U.S which shaped her views of Tanzania from a Wsterner’s point of view.
It took 10 years for Justa to finally revisit Tanzania, where she was introduced to the beauty of the land and its people. After being reacquainted with her country, Justa soon found herself “addicted” to learning more about her country and creating a deeper connection with Tanzania.
This newfound interest and connection led Justa to create Curious on Tanzania, a company that provides customized travel and adventures to Tanzania with a focus on sustainable tourism.
In this episode, Justa shares how to form a deeper connection while traveling and how to create your own opportunities.
In this Episode:
- Justa’s journey from Tanzania to the United States.
- How to form a deeper connection while traveling
- How Justa learned not to let money get in the way of progress and her ability to achieve her goals.
- Why it was important for Justa to learn more about her country.
- How Justa got overhear fears to go back to Tanzania solo.
- The importance of seeing opportunities instead of obstacles.
- The struggle of not being able to go back to Tanzania.
- How personal savings and the help of others have allowed Justa to grow her company.
- Why we all face similar challenges and how we can overcome them.
- Why it is important to have a community of people who understands you.
- What legacy Justa wants to leave in the world and the song she sings to remind her of her purpose.
- The one job Justa had to quit and what she learned from it.
Listen to Justa’s extended interview where she shares how to create an effective schedule.
In this episode:
- How to plan your week to make it more effective.
- Learn when and where you can be at your most productive.
- How to break down daily tasks.
- Realize your strengths and weaknesses and know when to ask for help.
- Know when to delegate tasks.
- How to evaluate if your tasks are effective.
- Why getting a contract and downpayment from a client is crucial to running your business.