Ep.21 How to effectively monetize your blog with ecourses and online products with Jessie Festa
How to effectively monetize your blog with ecourses and online products with Jessie Festa
This week, I talk to Jessie Festa who is a solo female travel blogger and entrepreneur from Jessie on a Journey.
Jessie created her blog (Jessie on a Journey) in 2011, when she wanted an outlet to share her journeys as a solo female traveler and could not find much content on the topic online!
With a focus on solo, active and offbeat travel, Jessie provides tips and guides for travelers who want unique experiences and those who want to learn how to become a digital nomad.
Jessie has been featured in BBC travel, Thrillist, Business Insider, the Huffington Post and more.
Jessie has since expanded her travel blog to a create a thriving NYC tour guide company and incredible eCourses that helps bloggers effectively monetize their blogs so they can live their best life and be location independent!
In this Episode:
- How solo travel inspired Jessie to think outside of the box to create income from traveling.
- The first steps to take in order to realize your goals and dreams.
- Why you should find a gap in a saturated market in order to create a successful business.
- What does an average day looks like for a travel blogger and business owner.
- Why travel becomes harder for a travel blogger.
- The importance of balancing work and travel.
- What are the best ways to become productive while working from anywhere.
- Why set backs are a great way to learn and how it will get you closer to success.
- How to effectively monetize your blog with eCourses
- The most effective way to create affiliate links for your blog.
- The importance of becoming more intentional with your content to create more engagement and profit.
- Why you should not give up your 9-5 when you are starting a blog.
- Always have plan B for a set income while you’re following your dreams.
- The transition from being nomadic to slowing down and having a set base.
- Find what makes you get up in the morning and you will find your purpose.
- The importance of adding little moments of joy in your day.
- Why it is important to ask others what they think you are an expert on in order to find your niche.
- The importance of having a mission in order to grow your community and business.
Listen to Jessie’s extended interview where she shares how to grow your community while creating profit.
In this episode:
- How to grow your community.
- The importance of finding your audience’s pain points to figure out the right product to sell.
- Which sites to visit to find pain points for your target audience.
- Funneling to grow your email list.
- How to use Facebook ads effectively.
- How to create online courses.