Ep. 60 How to be a family travel blogger with Ricky Shetty
Have you ever wondered how to be a family travel blogger?
This week I speak with Ricky Shetty who is a family travel blogger and the founder of Daddy blogger where he writes about parenting from a fathers perspective.
Ricky left his stable job when he and his wife realized they wanted to spend more time as a family and to allow their children to be world educated.
This decision has led Ricky and his family to over 81 countries in 6 continents and has become closer as a family.
Today, Ricky and his family continue to travel the world – aiming to be theFIRST FAMILY to visit every single country in the world.
Listen on to find out how Ricky has been able to become a family travel blogger.
In this Episode:
- Why Ricky is not your typical suburban dad- he is a family travel blogger.
- How Ricky became a digital nomad dad.
- Deciding to leave the 9-5 with his family of 5 to follow their dreams of adventure.
- Ricky and his wife wanted to show their children a different way to learn through travel.
- Why travel is the best education for children.
- Focus on traveling and living in cheaper parts of the world in order to make the digital nomad lifestyle more sustainable.
- The best time to start is now. Instead of making excuses, make your goals a priority.
- Ricky wished he knew that getting internet can be difficult while traveling which can be a huge obstacle for a digital nomad.
- You should always be prepared when you are a digital nomad when it comes to getting the internet. A few ways to get the internet such as plug and play, pocket wifi, and buying data for your phone.
- Frustrations of not knowing the language when you are traveling and how you can overcome it.
- How frustrations and obstacles can be a learning opportunity.
- One of the biggest concern Ricky had while traveling was the socialization of their children.
- Allowing their children to see how other kids live all around the world and giving them the opportunity to meet children in orphanages.
- The biggest judge of their lifestyle is themselves and questioning whether it is the best possible lifestyle for themselves and their children.
- The best learning is through experience, not by watching and reading but doing.
- The worst advice that Ricky has ever received is to focus on creating one income. You have to learn how to diversify in order to make the lifestyle sustainable.
- Giving yourself time away from family and having “me time” is important part of being a parent.
- The importance of pursuing your passions while being parents, so you do not loose yourself.
- Following the four S’s to create income as a digital nomad which is to SAVE, SELL, SPONSOR, SALARY.
- How to travel through sponsorships.
- Travel hacking in order to travel the world for cheap.
- Different ways to create income in order to travel the world.
- Why working at a job that entails customer service will help if you are a shy person.
Click here to get the extended interview with Ricky Shetty to find out how to get sponsors from your blog.