How to get the most out of your travels while staying at your 9-5 with Samita Santoshini
Let’s get real here and talk about many of you who actually love your 9-5 and your biggest challenge is learning how to balance your work and passion for travel. This week I talk with Samita Santoshini who has learned how to get the most out of your travels while staying at your 9-5.
Pertoleum Engineer by day, world traveler during the weekends, Samita has learned how to balance her weekends and public holidays to fulfill her passions to travel without quitting her day job.
On this episode Samita discusses how to get the most out of your travels while staying at your 9-5, why you should not be afraid to ask for what you want and the luxury of having a steady income as a traveler.
In this Episode:
- How to get the most out of your travels while staying at your 9-5.
- Why planning can help you create a better travel experience
- Choosing a base to live were it is close to other attractions for easier access and cheaper travel.
- Understanding that you will have to spend more when traveling during the weekends and holidays.
- Having a stable income and a 9-5 will give you the luxury to spend more on travel.
- Finding 24-48 hour itineraries from blogs to help you maximize and plan your trip accordingly.
- How not being able to drive can create a set back for travel and how to overcome it.
- Safety as a solo female traveler.
- The best way to connect and meet with people when you are traveling solo.
- Why having traveling companions can be a distraction.
- How to balance your work and passion.
- The importance of prioritizing what matters more to you.
- The concept of travel and pursuing other interests are different from eastern and western cultures.
- How to handle suggestions and negative opinions given to you about your chosen lifestyle.
- How to use your contacts and network to help you achieve your goals.
- Why you should not be afraid to ask for what you want.
- Finding the right path for yourself.
- The biggest thing that can hold you back is having the wrong priorities.
- The best resources to find incredible travel inspirations.
Click here to get the extended interview with Samita to find out the best travel hacking tips to optimize your travel.