Ep. 35 How to go from flat-broke to financial badass with Erin Lowry
How to go from flat-broke to financial badass with Erin Lowry.
Have you ever wondered how to go from flat-broke to financial badass?
This week, I talked to Erin Lowry who is the author of “Broke Millennial” and a finance personal expert.
From an early age, Erin was learning a lot of valuable lessons from her parents on understanding the value of a dollar and the work that goes into earning money.
She has gone on to graduate college debt-free, moved to New York City and still saved while making next-to-nothing, while learning how to invest, and developed a skill for negotiation.
Today Erin travels around the country as a speaker promoting her highly successful book “Broke Millenial” and continues to help others Get their financial life together #GYFLT.
On this episode, Erin shares how to spend money on what you value the most and how to go from flat-broke to financial badass.
In this Episode:
- Self-employment is not glamorous, it’s hard work.
- Why Erin gave up her dream school in order to live her dream life.
- How not to be in debt after graduating college.
- Why we should not be scared to talk about money.
- How Erin’s parents modeled how to spend money on what you really value the most.
- How to make your goals actionable and how to break them down in order to achieve them.
- Why it is important to understand and learn what it takes in order to achieve your goals and dreams.
- What an average day looks like for a freelance author.
- Imposter syndrome when you are starting to see success from your work.
- Why mastermind groups and the right support system is crucial to success.
- Don’t give up on something that you love just because it seems too outrageous or impossible to do.
- How to create micro goals to be more productive.
- Why side hustles are key to help you save and prepare to leave your 9-5.
- The importance of testing and experimenting on your interests to find out if it will become your business.
- Why we do not always have to love what we do, sometimes we just need to have something to pay the bills in order to do what we love on the side.
- Why helping people is a legacy that Erin wants to leave.
- Why it is important to surround your self with people who support and challenge you.
- How Erin made 1k at the age of 11 during her summer vacation.
Click here to get the extended interview with Erin Lowry to find out how to travel and enjoy life without breaking the bank.