Ep. 36 How to grow together through change with Debbie and Aaron
How to grow together through change with Debbie Arcangeles and Aaron Smith.
Have you ever wondered how to support your partner’s outrageous dreams?
This week is a very special episode because not only am I talking to my partner in life Aaron, but it is also our 15 year anniversary! Say whaa!
I know it sounds cliche but time has really passed by and there has been a lot of ups and downs along the way.
Aaron and I have had a lot of outrageous dreams together and have even opened a few businesses that either failed or our interest fizzled out. But through it all, we have been each other’s constant support and today we are sharing our journey and what the last 15 years have been like.
We answer some of the most asked questions we get such as: Why aren’t you married yet? How do you keep a healthy relationship and support each other’s dreams?
So we sat down and answered some of these questions and also a few insights on what has gotten us through the tough times and the high times as well.
Today, we are living in New York City where we continue to work in our day job while pursuing our dreams.
I am also really excited to reveal a few exciting news about the podcast and what is in store for the near future!
On this episode, Aaron and I discuss how to grow together through change and why you shouldn’t settle for ordinary.
In this Episode:
- How we have stayed together for 15 years and our communication style in order to have a lasting relationship.
- The reason why we are not married after being together for 15 years.
- How to grow together through change.
- How we have supported each other when we want to achieve our dreams and goals.
- Why taking smaller steps to achieve your goals can lead you to become more productive and will be less stressful.
- Why it is important to balance your work goals with your relationship to keep a healthy relationship.
- How to keep each other accountable in order to achieve our goals with the right support system.
- Achieving anything worth while is hard work, but you must have focus and dedication and be consistent.
- Why supporting your partner no matter how outrageous their dreams make seem will be crucial to your relationship.
- Why envy and jealousy have no place in a relationship when it comes to achieving goals.
- Why it is important to understand that you are going to change as an individual as well as a couple.
- Why it is important to change roles as a couple in order to support each other’s needs.
- What an average day looks like for us as a couple.
- How we achieve our goals while working in our 9-5.
- Why you should not let the negative vibes and advice can affect your actions.
- Why we choose to live life to the fullest instead of living how “we should”.
- Don’t spend another day wishing that you could be doing something that you really want. Just start doing it.
- Change is something that is fluid. You need to do it now because it will become static if you wait later.
- How to become more productive by shutting off your notifications and learning the times when you are at your most productive.
- Why having a day job is crucial when you are trying to pursue your dreams.
- Why going to a cheap school helped us become debt free.
- How I monetize my podcast through sponsorships.
- Creating content on social media that promotes giving back.
- Why we support and believe in DonorSee.com
- How self-care and exercise are important to decompress and minimize stress from your daily life.
Exciting news with The Offbeat Life:
- Give back posts on social media- highlighting companies that make a positive impact and give back to the community.
- The extended interview will be released every Thursday starting May 3.
Follow Debbie and Aaron: