Ep. 44 How to hit refresh after 30 and start a life of travel with Cepee Tabibian
Have you ever wondered how to hit refresh after 30 and start a life of travel?
This week I speak with Cepee Tabibian who is a remote Social Media Manager and Facebook Group expert.
Hitting refresh after the age of 30 can be a scary and overwhelming situation, but Cepee knew she wanted to live her dream to move abroad and be a digital nomad.
So, she planned out her exit strategy and today lives in Spain as a remote Social Media Manager and the co-founder of She Hit refresh – a Facebook group for women over 30 who want to break free from routine and start a life of travel.
In this episode, Cepee shares how to hit refresh after 30 and start a life of travel and why it is never too late to start living the life you truly want.
Cepee is such an inspiring woman who is living her life to her fullest. I hope you enjoy this interview as much as I do.
In this Episode:
- How to hit refresh after 30 and start a life of travel.
- How Cepee transitioned from her life in Texas to living a location independent life in Spain.
- The fastest way Cepee was able to leave her job in the U.S and become location independent was to become an English Teacher.
- The importance of learning a variety of skills in order to diversify your resume to find a job when you are trying to become a freelancer.
- How to transition to a new life and career after your 30’s.
- Why it is important to have an exit strategy before you make the change.
- The pivotal moment Cepee knew she wanted to finally leave Texas and leave abroad full-time.
- What an average day looks like for a social media manager.
- The feeling of loneliness as a digital nomad and how to overcome it.
- How to make friends when you are in a new city.
- The challenge of getting a work visa and working in a different country.
- The best way to learn a language in a new country.
- Dating in a different country.
- Navigating online dating when your over 30 in a new country.
- The worst advice that Cepee has ever received was to lessen her options and just get married.
- The best productivity tips that Cepee has used are the Pomodoro technique where you take 25 minutes to work and a 5-minute break and then repeat.
- How to create income in order to work remotely: teach English online, and work for U.S based company in order to have higher salaries.
- Why it is best to consume less when you are a digital nomad.
- How to handle stress and anxiety when you are faced with them.
- How Cepee found a job as a remote social media marketer.
- What legacy Cepee wants to leave in the future.
- Make sure to make the right decisions for yourself, not for other people.
Listen to Cepee’s extended interview where she shares how to create a successful Facebook Group Community.
In this episode:
- What is the difference between a Facebook group and a Facebook page?
- Think about your purpose for creating a Facebook Group before you start.
- How can Facebook groups help your business?
- How to grow your community on Facebook
- Tips on how to create an engaged community.
- How much time does it take to manage an engaged Facebook Group?
Getting TEFL certified with CIEE is your first step to doing just that! CIEE’s internationally recognized and accredited Teaching English as a Foreign Language courses will not only prepare you for the classroom; but also guide you on how to navigate a foreign culture.
Use this certification to get a teaching job abroad, or earn some extra cash teaching online. The certification never expires, so you’ll be equipped with the knowledge and certification forever.
For more information visit CIEE to start living your adventure today!
This episode is sponsored by: CIEE.org