On this week’s episode, I talk to Andrea Valeria who is a travel video blogger (vlogger).
Before becoming a video blogger and digital nomad Andrea was a TV news reporter.
Although she enjoyed being a host, it did not allow her much creative freedom.
Needing a creative outlet, Andrea started a vlog that lead her to the creation of It’s a Travel O.D. and have since allowed her to fulfill her dreams to become a fulltime vlogger and location independent.
On this episode, Andrea discusses the transition from corporate job to being a travel vlogger and how leaving your 9-5 will not guarantee success unless you work hard to achieve it.
In this Episode:
- How a creative outlet became a full time career and passion.
- It is OK to change your mind and adapt your work to where your life is heading.
- Understand that leaving your 9-5 will not guarantee success and fulfillment unless your work to achieve it.
- How a setback can be a learning experience.
- Why vlogging is not as nerve wracking and intimidating as you may think.
- What an average day looks like as a vlogger.
- Adapting to different situations and being resourceful is key to become a successful vlogger.
- How to be a solo vlogger.
- How to get comfortable in front of a camera.
- Why awkwardness and failure will lead to growth.
- Why it is important to start sooner.
- The importance of experiencing as many things as you can in order to find your purpose.
- How travel can help you form new ideas and friendships that will help you grow.
- Why having stability is not always the best advice.
- Listen to your needs and wants instead of trying to live up to other peoples expectations.
- How to create income as a vlogger.
- Doing projects outside of your niche can help you learn valuable lessons you may need later on.
- Why you have the power to change peoples lives and how you can create an impact.
Click here to get the extended interview with Andrea and find out the best way to approach brands, how to use social media to network + much more!