Ep. 19 How leaving your 9-5 will not guarantee success unless you work hard to achieve it with Andrea Valeria
How leaving your 9-5 will not guarantee success unless you work hard to achieve it with Andrea Valeria
On this week’s episode, I talk to Andrea Valeria who is a travel video blogger (vlogger).
Before becoming a video blogger and digital nomad Andrea was a TV news reporter.
Although she enjoyed being a host, it did not allow her much creative freedom.
Needing a creative outlet, Andrea started a vlog that lead her to the creation of It’s a Travel O.D. and have since allowed her to fulfill her dreams to become a fulltime vlogger and location independent.
On this episode, Andrea discusses the transition from corporate job to being a travel vlogger and how leaving your 9-5 will not guarantee success unless you work hard to achieve it.
In this Episode:
- How a creative outlet became a full time career and passion.
- It is OK to change your mind and adapt your work to where your life is heading.
- Understand that leaving your 9-5 will not guarantee success and fulfillment unless your work to achieve it.
- How a setback can be a learning experience.
- Why vlogging is not as nerve wracking and intimidating as you may think.
- What an average day looks like as a vlogger.
- Adapting to different situations and being resourceful is key to become a successful vlogger.
- How to be a solo vlogger.
- How to get comfortable in front of a camera.
- Why awkwardness and failure will lead to growth.
- Why it is important to start sooner.
- The importance of experiencing as many things as you can in order to find your purpose.
- How travel can help you form new ideas and friendships that will help you grow.
- Why having stability is not always the best advice.
- Listen to your needs and wants instead of trying to live up to other peoples expectations.
- How to create income as a vlogger.
- Doing projects outside of your niche can help you learn valuable lessons you may need later on.
- Why you have the power to change peoples lives and how you can create an impact.
Listen to Andrea’s extended interview where she shares how to be a successful Vlogger.
In this episode:
- What is a vlogger
- What expertise and skills you need in order to be a vlogger
- The programs and equipments you need
- How to stand out from the crowd as a vlogger
- How to approach brands
- The best way to network
- How to price your work
- Where to find the best resources as a vlogger