Ep. 29 How to realize your worth as a woman with Sheena Yap Chan
How to realize your worth as a woman with Sheena Yap Chan
Have you ever wondered how to realize your worth as a woman?
This week, I talked to Sheena Yap Chan who is the podcast host of The Tao of Self Confidence, which focuses on the struggles and success of Asian women while finding their confidence and worth.
Growing up in an Asian immigrant family, Sheena always looked for acceptance from her parents, friends and significant others.
This all changed when she realized that she needed to move on from her fears and live her best life.
Sheena left her job and has since created a podcast that has been providing Asian women with the right motivation and inspiration to see their self worth and her podcast has been downloaded over 600,000 times!
On this episode, Sheena shares how to realize your self worth and the importance of letting go of things that do not serve your purpose.
In this Episode:
- Why Sheen a chose podcasting as her medium to share content.
- Self confidence for an Asian Woman.
- How to realize your worth as a woman.
- How Sheena’s lack of self confidence led her to create her podcast in order to get inspired and gain more confidence in herself.
- Why Sheena chose to focus her niche on Asian women.
- Why you should never waste your time on the “what if”.
- The struggle to tell family when leaving your 9-5 to pursue your passions.
- An average day for a podcaster.
- The biggest lesson Sheena learned from interviewing over 500 inspiring women.
- Why it took years for Sheena to realize her worth and what she is capable of.
- The importance of learning how to unplug.
- How to ask the right questions in order to find your purpose.
Click here to get the extended interview with Sheena Yap Chan to find out how to boost your self confidence.