Ep. 90 How to succeed as a remote relationship coach with Scot McKay
Have you ever wondered how to succeed as a remote relationship coach?
This week I speak with Scot McKay who along with his wife Emily are remote professional dating and relationship coach, adventure travelers, conference speakers, media personalities and podcast hosts of X&Y on the fly.
Scott and Emily are able to travel the world without selling everything to become nomadic. Instead, they started several businesses and create income while enjoying a life of adventure, discarding the myth that you can no longer have adventures when you have a family.
Listen on to find out how to become a remote relationship coach and succeed after you hit rock bottom.
How did you leave your previous 9-5 to become a relationship coach?
- Although Scott found himself in successful career, he did not find real fulfillment.
- Scott hit rock bottom when he left the “dream job” and got divorced.
- He began to become more curious about how to attract women, which led him to find his wife Emily.
- With his success, he became motivated to help other men find great women in their lives which led to him to start becoming an online relationship coach.
How did you find confidence after you lost your job and went through a failed marriage?
- You have to decide to move forward and not become a victim. If you become a victim, you will lose your personal power.
- It can take hitting rock bottom to push you to succeed.
What is your advice for someone who is looking for the right person?
- Deserve what you want – If you want to have a great relationship with someone, you first have to be the kind of person the person of your dreams is also going to want.
- Don’t be afraid to be masculine and feminine, it is the building block of sexual attraction.
How did you start your date coaching business with your wife?
- Starting a successful business does not happen overnight, so you have to be willing to do for others before they will reciprocate to you.
- Make sure that you are partnering with other people from a position of giving rather than receiving.
How were you able to create income from the start and how do you continue to create income today?
- There are three ways they have been able to create income, the first is downloadable products, then affiliate marketing and last is being a relationship coach.
What legacy would you like to leave and what do you want to be remembered for?
- Building a life that he really wanted to lead with his family and business.
- Scot wants to help as many people as possible to find the right life partner.
Listen to Scot’s extended interview where he shares how to continue your adventures after having children.
In this episode:
How are you able to continue having adventures after having children?
- Kids under 2 flies free are what started their adventures.
- It is cheaper to fly with a young child and they found that children travel and adapt well to different situations.
- They wanted to expose their children to the world and experience life to the fullest because it will give them the best education.
- If you have the opportunity to be able to “stay at home” with your children – it does not mean you have to “stay at home”, you can take them to different places and different adventures.
- Children who travel complain less, need less and are more prone to trying things and being in front of screens for entertainment.