Ep. 15 How to be a open to new opportunities and become a freelance remote translator with Leah Shoup
How to be a open to new opportunities and become a freelance remote translator with Leah Shoup
On this week’s episode, I speak to Leah Shoup who is a remote translator and social media influencer.
After graduating college, Leah became unsure which career path she should take.
She knew that a 9-5 was not right for her.
With a bit of hard work and networking, Leah was able to find a job as a remote translator, that allows her to live a location independent lifestyle.
Today, Leah travels the world and continues to expand her language skills while working remotely as a translator and social media influencer.
Check out Leah’s 5 tips to become a successful remote translator.
In this Episode
- Why it is important to find a niche that you can be an expert in.
- How to set yourself a part by combining translation with a topic you are interested in.
- Why being a translator is not for everyone even if you do speak the language.
- How to price your work as a remote translator.
- Why multiple streams of income is crucial for a freelancer.
- The biggest benefit of working remotely.
- The best resources to find translating jobs.
- How to figure out the right path for you.
- The trade offs of a freelance remote translator.
- Why a nomadic lifestyle can be anti social and to create more social interactions.
- Why you should not undervalue your work and yourself.
- How to price your work for social media collaborations.
- How to start creating income as a social media influencer.
- Dealing with long distance and multi-cultural relationships.
- Why it is OK not to conform to the norm.