Ep. 57 How to find a supportive community as a digital nomad with Jennifer Lachs
Have you ever wondered how to find a supportive community as a digital nomad?
This week I speak with Jenny Lachs who is the founder of Digital Nomad Girls – a platform that inspires and connects location independent women around the world.
Before creating Digital Nomad Girls, Jenny was studying to become a scientist. Mid way through her schooling she realized that what she thought she had to do, was not really want she wanted. So, Jenny and her boyfriend packed their bags and traveled the world. Little did she know it would lead to the most nerve wracking and fulfilling time in her life!
Traveling gave her the opportunity to discover how to become a digital nomad and encourage others how to do the same by creating Digital Nomad Girls.
Today, Jenny continues to travel the world and has created a successful community where female remote workers can find and support one another.
Listen on to find out how to find a supportive community as a digital nomad.
In this Episode:
- How Jenny went from scientist to digital nomad.
- An around the world trip led Jenny to becoming a full-time digital nomad.
- How Jenny got over the fear of leaving a career as a scientist to travel the world and become a freelancer.
- Why being a digital nomad is not exclusive to being a travel blogger.
- How to find a supportive community as a digital nomad.
- Jenny created experiments to see which digital nomad job would best suit her talents.
- The fear of leaving something that you have invested so much time and money in can be debilitating.
- Why having a community is crucial to a successful life transition.
- Having a balance and routine can be difficult as a digital nomad.
- You have to be really disciplined in order to succeed at being a freelancer and have to constantly push yourself to get the job done, because you are your own boss.
- Why being a digital nomad is not for everyone.
- The difference between being a digital nomad, being a backpacker and traveling for leisure.
- The biggest obstacle can be your own mindset.
- It doesn’t matter how successful you become, you will always be striving for more.
- Taking the time to be patient and present and not be distracted by things that will hinder our success and personal growth.
- The worst advice that Jenny has received was to follow the money.
- You do not always have to take every advice that is given to you.
- There are no shortcuts to success.
- How Jenny creates income from Digital Nomad Girls.
- Just because you have a community does not mean you can create income, you have to listen to their needs and wants.
- Creating the Inner Circle to create a community to hold each other accountable.
- Virtual co-working and how it can help you become more motivated.
- When to start delegating your work and how to find the right person to help you grow.
Click here to get the extended interview with Jennifer Lachs to find out how to create an effective virtual co-working space.