Ep.34 How to survive and thrive in high stress and expensive settings with Venus Wong
How to survive and thrive in high stress and expensive settings with Venus Wong.
Have you ever wondered how to survive and thrive in high stress and expensive settings?
This week, I talked to Venus Wong who is the director of content at BenKu8 and Lifestyle contributor at Refinery29.
Venus knew from an early age that she wanted to be a journalist. Her firm determination led her to live and thrive in high stressed and fast paced places like New York and Hong Kong.
Today is she is living in London and travels the world as a life style and travel writer.
On this episode, Venus shares how to survive and thrive in high stress and expensive settings and how to save money while living in an expensive city.
In this Episode:
- Venus’s motivation to move to the three biggest cities in the world.
- How Venus deals with set back and difficult life decisions.
- How creating lists of tasks can make decision making much more concrete and achievable.
- How to survive and thrive in high stress and expensive settings
- What an average day looks like for a director of content.
- The difficulty of dealing with situations that are out of your control.
- Why you should always look to new possibilities even when faced with failures and setbacks.
- Looking at the patterns when you are wasting time and when you are at your most productive to learn the right work routine for you.
- Why you do not have to go to an expensive university in order to create a successful career.
- How to go to school without getting into debt.
- How to save money living in an expensive city.
- Why its not always a good idea to keep professional work relations purely professional only.
- Why social media is a crucial part of your professional advancement especially in a creative industry.
- Being nice and “uncool” may not make you popular, but will give you the jobs in the end.
- Why you should financially plan for the future without relying on any future combined income.
- Discussion on unpayed internships
- Venus’s most profound meeting during her travels.
Click here to get the extended interview with Venus Wong to find out how to get published in magazine publications.