Ep. 26 How to use your current skills to become a traveling freelancer with Elise Darma
How to use your current skills to become a traveling freelancer with Elise Dara
Have you ever wondered how you can use your current skills to become a traveling freelancer?
This week, I talk to Elise Darma who is a travelpreneur – traveling entrepreneur.
A few years ago, while still at her 9-5 Elise started freelancing on the side, helping online brands grow their social media channels.
Nine months later, Elise quit her job and founded her social media agency Canupy.
Since then, Elise has been living her dreams as a travelpreneur and continues to grow her business creating online courses and so much more.
In this episode, Elise talks to us about her fear of letting her clients down when she first started her business and how to use your current skills to become a traveling freelancer.
In this Episode:
- What strategies to use to become a business account on Instagram.
- Why choosing a niche on social media is valuable.
- The 4 hour work week helped to motivate Elise to follow her dreams and goals.
- Why the idea of freedom is evolving.
- Do not get caught up in the steps that are further than the ones you should be on.
- Why it is important to ask yourself if being your own boss is right for you or do you need the structure of a 9-5?
- How to use your current skills to become a traveling freelancer.
- It is not a business until you monetize your services or products.
- Why blogging is a long term game.
- What is the fastest way to generate a full-time income.
- The importance of serving your clients in an ongoing basis in order to have consistent income.
- Why there is no average day for an entrepreneur.
- There will always be fear of failing or letting your client down in the beginning.
- The difference between a 9-5 and owning your own business.
- How travel helped Elise focus on her business.
- How to blend a nomadic lifestyle with personal relationships.
- Why you do not have to be single in order to be nomadic.
- Do not do anything that will make you feel uncomfortable.
- Self-confidence is something that everyone has to work on.
- The importance of investing in yourself.
Listen to Elise’s extended interview where she shares how to create a freedom-based lifestyle through Instagram.
In this episode:
- How to monetize Instagram without having a large following.
- The most effective content to drive traffic to your website.
- How to grow your mailing list and why it is crucial for your business.
- How to use Instagram to network.
- How to grow an engaged following.
- How you can stand out on Instagram.
- How to pitch to get your first client and price your work.
- How you should narrow in your focus with marketing strategies.