Going Beyond Likes and Follows: How Instagram friendships have changed my life.
How Instagram friendships have changed my life.
I know there are so many of you- myself included who have been extremely frustrated with this platform.
The constant change of the algorithm, unauthentic “influencers” who are buying likes and followers, our followers no longer seeing the posts we work so hard on. I can go on and on but, there are enough articles and blog posts about this issue, am I right?
Let’s talk about the biggest reasons Instagram has changed my life and how it may have changed yours too!
I can talk about the extra income we can make or the countless careers that have sprung up just by sharing images and videos on your phone screen. Who knew taking selfies of your self in beautiful destinations can create legit income?
These opportunities are incredible, but the biggest reason why Instagram has changed my life is because of the friendships that I have made from it.
Years ago if you wanted to find like-minded peeps who did similar things you would either have to place an ad, answer an ad or meet someone totally random in a chatroom. Sounds super safe right! No? Yeah, we had it rough back then.
Now we can make friendships and “stalk” so much easier just by logging on to Facebook or IG and following others who share similar interests, and guess what? It becomes even easier to connect with them when you can just send a message and receive a response within hours sometimes minutes.
For so many of us who live an Offbeat Life, it can be tough to find connections with people who get our quirks and our special kind of crazy. It can be an extremely lonely feeling and we may not have the right support system around us. I talk to my IG friends who are now real life friends daily and they get the every day struggle to hustle.
In the last year that I have become a “serious” Instagrammer, I have made the best connections with the most talented and unique individuals whom I may never have met if it were not for this platform.
Here are 5 ways Instagram friendships have changed my life:
1. I am constantly inspired and motivated by the creativity that I am surrounded by, which makes me a better content creator.
Yes, we can get caught up with the success of other people, but if we use this platform as a source of inspiration instead of the source of ugly competition, it can be a really powerful platform.
Andrea Valeria is the hardest working content creator I have met and she has encouraged me to work harder and smarter when creating my content.
Meagan Morrison has created an extremely successful business from a niche she created from scratch and I am always in awe of her content.
2. They understand all the Instagram lingo and I do not have to explain why I need to change my preset colors so it matches my whole feed ( If you got that – then you should be part of my posse).
Sierra Dehmler is my NYC IG bestie and she gets my quirks and survived 12 hours of road tripping and being my roommate for a few days while we traveled in California.
3. Since we are all in the same travel niche – we meet in different locations and I can have travel companions all over the world.
IG friends as pictured: (left to right) happilyeveradventures, picturesandwordsblog, practicalwanderlust, apassionandapassport, passportvoyager, and travelsandtreatsblog.
4. Instagram has introduced me to amazing people, who went on to introduce me to more amazing people. because as you know –awesome people hang out with other awesome people.
Venus featured me on Refinery29 before we even met and we are now close friends!
5. It has allowed me to create incredible interviews and content for my podcast which has led me to find my purpose and of course more opportunities.
I was fortunate enough to interview Jacob and Esther for my podcast and got lucky when they decided to move to New York City, I have learned so much from them in the last few months and they are honestly the most helpful people I’ve met in this industry.
If you’ve been feeling down and unmotivated with social media, don’t worry we are all in the same boat. The struggle is real, but the rewards have also been really great.
So thank you Instagram. Thank you for creating a platform that has changed my life and so many others.
Thank you for allowing us to create friendships that may have never happened. Thank you for allowing us to create these offbeat careers that would have been impossible before you came along.
Thank you for allowing us to find each other.
How has Instagram changed your life? I’d love to hear your stories too!
DID YOU ENJOY THIS POST? PIN IT FOR LATER.
WANT TO LEARN HOW I’VE BEEN ABLE TO EARN INCOME WITH SPONSORSHIPS?
You might also like:
- 10 Best Courses for Content Writers to Land Online Jobs
- 13 Best Freelance Writing Sites to Find an Online Job
- 7 Platforms to Start Teaching English Online with No Experience
- Ultimate Guide to Flip Websites: How to Build, Buy, and Sell Online
- 20 Best Gift for Remote Employees they’ll Actually Love!
- Beginner’s Guide to Make Money on Mturk