Ultimate Guide on How to Make Money On OnlyFans
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will make a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
With so many social media platforms out there, it can be tough to keep up.
Especially if it is something you would like to use to create more income for your business.
That’s why we want to introduce you to a platform that is focused on helping you make more income, by creating content that you love!
Sounds too good to be true?
Not true friends, OnlyFans is a social media platform that provides content through subscriptions that site users pay to get access to your content.
With this platform, you’ll be able to earn extra income by posting as you normally would on social media.
We’ll walk you through all the steps so you’ll learn how to make money on Onlyfans.
- Best Selling Items on Poshmark
- Best Voice Over Microphones for Beginners
- 12 Jobs With the Best Travel Perks
- Make Passive Income with Turnkey Property Investing
- Best Travel Workouts Without Equipment
How to join and set a subscription price
How to start an OnlyFans account is simple, you can sign up using an existing Twitter or Google account, or you can create an account with just your email and a password.
We found that creating a Google account to be the easiest and fastest way to sign up for OnlyFans. It’s as simple as clicking your preferred Gmail account in order to get instant access!
Once you enter the site, you’ll need to think of a username for your account, followed by the type of content you’ll want to produce.
Each creator profile has a set list of tabs, these tabs include posts, photos, videos, likes, and fans.
Before you can set a price for your content you’ll need to get your bank’s details approved.
You’ll be required to send in your ID and personal details for OnlyFans to approve your account. After you get that approval you’ll be able to add your bank’s information.
You can find the option for adding a bank on the profile tab. Once you’ve confirmed your identity you’ll be able to set your ideal subscription price.
OnlyFans Content Features
Now that you know how to start an Onlyfans, we will go over the features and options for creating content that will allow you to become OnlyFans top earners.
Once you gain access to your feed you’ll be able to see several features:
- Compose a New Post: This one’s pretty self-explanatory, it’s a way for you to update your post to your feed.
- Voice Recordings: This allows you to record your voice and upload it directly as an audio track, it’s great if you specialize in vocal content and want to do it in one spot.
- Go Live: All you need to do is set a date and time, and your fans will be notified when you are live. Don’t forget to save a recording of the stream for fans that might have missed out!
- Media Attachments: With this feature, you can add select media to your posts, such as photos, videos, or prerecorded audio.
- Add to my Story: Similar to other social media platforms, OnlyFans has a story feature that allows its users to upload content only available for a limited time.
- Schedule Posts: This feature allows you to pick the time and date for your posts, which is great if you like to stick to a strict timed-release schedule for your content.
- Post Expiration settings: Want a post to be available for only a set amount of time? No problem! That’s a setting you can enable with OnlyFans.
- Poll your Fans: With this feature, you can directly engage with your audience through a poll, which is a great way to include your fans with your content creation.
- Direct Messages: You’ll be able to contact fans directly with this feature. Of course, this isn’t limited to just your fans as you can even reach out to other creators! There is also a sub-category of messages to consider.
- Pay Per View (PPV) Messages: These messages can only be viewed by your fans who’ve paid to see them, great for very exclusive content or even personalized content directed at individual users.
- Tip Jar: If you want to offer exclusive content to your fans, they’ll have the opportunity to give you a tip for that quality content you’re giving them! For many content creators, this is their bread and butter, so make sure to make it available to your fans.
How to make money on OnlyFans
Now that you are familiar with the features, it’s time to learn how to make money on OnlyFans by setting a price for your post.
In order to become OnlyFans top earners, you will need to create content that includes media such as photos, videos, and audio.
Once you have attached a media to your content, a dollar tag symbol will appear in the post’s setting and you will have the opportunity to set a price.
Your fans have several opportunities to be able to pay you on the platform such as pay per view (PPV), monthly subscriptions, private content such as messaging and media, as well as tipping.
Right now, creators are given 80% of their profits while OnlyFans keeps 20% of the earnings.
The percentage the app receives covers hostings, payment processing, support, and other services.
According to OnlyFans, most content creators prefer to do monthly subscriptions that range from $4.99 to 49.99 per month.
However, creators also have the option to open a free account with the opportunity to charge their fans to access exclusive content.
What should I post on my OnlyFans?
To get new fans you’re gonna have to give them something they want.
There is a ton of content you can make and we’ll list some of the most popular options below.
- Fitness coaching- People will pay good money for quality fitness lessons that’ll teach them how to get in shape.
- Fashion- If you’re all about keeping up with the top fashion trends, then this is the perfect type of content to create.
- Modeling- This content would mainly be centered around photos or videos of yourself modeling various outfits.
- Cosplaying- Love to dress up as characters from your favorite movie, show, or game? People love to see that too! You can either post direct photos, or go over the whole cosplay-making process in each of your posts.
- Beauty- This could be as complex as makeup tutorials or as simple as reviews of beauty products. Depending on your method of delivering this content you may want to consider Grammarly to help keep your writing at its highest quality.
- Do-it-Yourself Tutorials- Want to share helpful advice to your fans on how to create crafting projects? You can now do that and charge a subscription for the help you’re providing them!
- Recipes and cooking- If you’re a “foodie” or just love cooking, you can share special recipes using videos and images. Who knows you may even become one of OnlyFans top earners.
- Travel Blogging- Like to travel the world? Why not share your tips and adventures with your followers on OnlyFans!
- Influencer Vlogs- This can work well if you’re already an existing influencer on another platform. You can offer your audience exclusive content through OnlyFans.
- Gaming- The audience for people involved with gaming is massive, and if you believe you can tap into that, then OnlyFans is great for you! You can offer early access to your videos, exclusive live streams, and other special content to your gaming fans.
- Adult Content- Of course, OnlyFans is also well known for the adult content that its various creators produce. But if you are worried about getting recognized, don’t worry you can learn how to make money on onlyfans without showing your face. This type of content pairs well with other content like cosplaying, camming, and modeling.
These topics are only the tip of the iceberg of what you can post on OnlyFans since there are a ton of possibilities for how to make money on OnlyFans.
Equipment to help you create high-quality content
Before you can start creating for your fans, you have to use the right equipment that will provide the best quality content.
Below are some of our must-have tools you should use to create your posts:
Ring light with phone stand/holder: perfect tools to help you with your video shoots.
Lapel microphone: to help you create professional audio quality.
Video Conference lighting kit: the perfect lighting accessory for your laptop, great for doing live streaming.
Selfie stick with stand and remote control: perfect to use when you are creating content solo.
How to gain more views on your OnlyFans
Now that you’ve created your profile and chosen what you’re gonna post about, you need an audience so you can make money on OnlyFans.
If you’re already an influencer, then it may be as easy as posting about OnlyFans on your other main platform.
But if you’re a beginner, then you’ll need to take a much different approach.
To make your page stand out, you’ll need quality graphics for your cover image.
People will flock to quality content, but a good-looking page adds to that experience.
Free Work Online Training
Still confused and don’t know how to find an online job? This training will help you learn how to land your ideal remote job ASAP!
Consistency is another key to gaining more audience.
That is why utilizing OnlyFans’s post scheduling feature can help you post at a consistent rate so you can maintain your audience and reach them at the most opportune moments, even if you’re preoccupied with other tasks (like producing more quality content).
Using your bio is another way to ensure your audience will return to your page.
You can include key information like how frequently you upload new content and various other details about the content you produce.
Remember, you have to provide enticing teasers that will get them to come running back for more.
Personalize your fans’ experience by giving them custom-generated greetings when joining as a new fan! They’ll appreciate you for it and it’ll make them feel like a part of your community.
Take feedback from your fans! Your audience knows what they want, and they’ll have great ideas on how you can improve the quality of your content. Listening to their suggestions is another way to earn their trust.
Interact with your fans directly, people are following you for what you’re giving to them, by interacting with them directly you can make their experience all that much better!
Happy fans are the ones who keep returning for more content every month which means more income for you.
Discounts and special offers on subscriptions are something that OnlyFans allows you to offer to New Subscribers or for specific months.
These are great for getting new people to subscribe!
Collabs with other OnlyFans content creators are another great way to expand your existing audience.
It works to benefit both parties involved in the collab and you can potentially make a new friend out of it, so don’t shy away from reaching out!
Now that you know how to make money on OnlyFans, you’re ready to sign up and get started!
Remember to keep posting and don’t forget to always show gratitude towards your fans!