40 Best Travel Hashtags That Will Get More Engagement
It’s a wonderful world out there in the travel industry, but it is harsh and cruel when it comes down to social media.
Just look at all those posts with not a single engagement in sight!
But, it doesn’t have to be that way.
There are ways of getting ahead of the crowd and we intend to show you how.
Let’s take a look at some creative and useful travel hashtags you can use on your next content upload.
You Might Also Like:
What are travel hashtags?
On Instagram, a hashtag is used to connect photos that share the same or similar topic.
In other words, if you’re looking for some travel inspiration, but don’t really know where to look – you can use hashtags as a filter!
The more popular a particular hashtag is – the better your chances are of finding what you’re looking for.
However, if you are using this popular hashtag that has millions of posts, it can be more difficult to be seen.
That’s why if you want to get more engagement, it’s best to narrow down your search by adding more hashtags that are less popular so your content can be seen by more people.
Why use travel hashtags?
First and foremost, using the right hashtags will allow you to have a better reach.
Secondly, well-targeted content tends to be seen more by your ideal audience.
And hashtags make it easier for users to find you in search!
How many hashtags to use per post?
There is no exact right or wrong answer to this question.
Some people get away with using just one hashtag per post, while others use up to 30 hashtags.
The more hashtags you add – the bigger the chances are that you’ll reach a more engaged community of users!
The best way to find out what works for you is to test, test and keep testing.
Remote Resume Guide
Want to learn how to create a stand out resume that will help you land an Online Job? Grab our Guide to help you perfect your pitch as a job seeker.
How do I choose the best travel hashtags?
Choosing the best travel hashtags to use can be tricky.
Your best bet is to create a list of the the best hashtags in your niche with the least competition and then divide them into three groups: general, specific, and location-based.
Remember that this list is just an example and you can certainly find hashtags more relevant to your niche.
It will take you a little bit of time and effort to find out which ones work best for your audience, but it’ll be worth it in the end.
By using hashtags more effectively, you’re able to attract more targeted users – resulting in better engagement and more followers!
If you do it right, the world of Instagram is your digital oyster!
40 Best Travel Hashtags to Get More Engagement
We’ve come up with a list of great travel hashtags.
They are categorized by topic, so the only thing left for you to do is to go through them, pick out those that will work best for your content and attach as many as you can!
And now without further ado, here is a list of 40 great travel hashtags:
General Travel Hashtags
General travel hashtags can be used if you are not targeting a specific event or destination, but you want to add more context to your post.
- #instatravelling -this one has almost 5 million posts and a great number of users who use this hashtag frequently
2. #travelpicsdaily -with only over 500K posts, it is a hashtag that does not have a lot of competition, so your image has higher chances to be seen.
3. #wanderlusting -the name explains everything, it has over 2 million posts and is often used by people who love off the beaten path destinations.
4. #iamatraveller -the motto of this hashtag is to show how much you are enjoying your travels, it has almost 400K posts.
5. #igtraveller -another interesting hashtag with more than 500K posts.
6. #travelblogs -you can upload your travel blog posts onto this hashtag, it has over 250K posts, so you’ll have less competition.
7. #mytinyatlas -if you are looking for inspiration for your travels this is the hashtag that will help you find many photos all over the world. It has over 9 million posts.
8. #letsgoeverywhere -the name says it all, this hashtag has over 2.5 million posts and is worth using.
9. #wearetravelgirls -this hashtag has over 4 million posts of traveling women who are having fun around the world.
10. #theglobewanderer -this has 8 million posts and a very engaged community
Location-based Travel Hashtags
Location based hashtags are useful to bring more context to your content.
If you are traveling, this is the best way to share where exactly you are and what you are doing.
11. #southeastasia -this one has over 3.5 million posts and a very active community of users who love traveling in this part of the world
12. #ig_france -France sure looks great from all the photos posted with this travel hashtag, which has almost 2 million posts.
13. #igersturkey -this hashtag is very popular among Turkish Instagram users. It has more than 2.5 million posts.
14. #ig_japangram -with almost 200K posts, this travel hashtag is a great one to use since the competition is not high.
15. #igersgermany -if you are looking to get noticed by German travelers don’t forget to use this hashtag which has almost 2.5 million posts.
16. #italyfoodporn – if you love sharing your foodie photos from Italy, then this is a great hashtag to use. With almost 1 million posts, this one is surely worth using.
17. #choosephilippines -you’ll see many beautiful beaches and other lovely sceneries in the photos posted with this hashtag which has almost 1.5 million posts.
18. #igersusa -if you want to attract American users, this is definitely the right hashtag for you.
It has over 1.5 million posts and a very lively community of Instagram users who love traveling around the country.
17. #australiagam -Australia is one of the most popular travel destinations among Instagram users, which you can tell by the number of posts with this hashtag.
It has almost 3.5 million posts and even though it does have a lot of competition, it is worth giving a try due to its popularity.
18. #southamericatrip – with over 200k posts, this is a great hashtag for posting photos from your trips to South America.
19. #newzealandpics -if you are looking to get your photos noticed by New Zealanders then this is the hashtag that you need.
It has almost 100K posts so you’ll have more chances to be seen.
20. #igerseurope -this hashtag has over 1.5 million posts and if you look through them you will be able to see that it is a very popular place for Instagram users.
Popular travel hashtags for instagram
Popular travel hashtags are great for doing research so you can see what is currently trending or to maybe add one or two to your post.
But, if you want to be seen, these hashtags may be too competitive, so just be sure to choose wisely!
21. #instatraveling -this travel hashtag has over 21 million posts and a great number of users who use this all the time.
22. #igtravel -with over 29 million posts, this is the perfect Instagram hashtag if you want to attract more travelers from around the world.
23. #traveltheworld -this travel hashtag has over 37 million posts.
24. #traveladdict -over 22 million posts and a lot of travelers who use it to showcase their trips.
25. #instago -it has over 90 million posts, so it is a hashtag that is used often by travelers.
26. #travelholic -this travel hashtag has more than 11 million posts, so you will surely get noticed by a number of Instagram users if you share your photos with this tag.
28. #travelawesome -this travel hashtag has over 13 million posts, so it has a lot of users who are all over the world.
29. #exploretheworld -this travel hashtag has over 6 million posts, and it is one of the most popular ones, so it is worth using.
30. #lifeofadventure -this travel hashtag has over 16 million posts and a lot of users who are always looking to discover new places.
Creative travel hashtags
Creative hashtags are great for when you are looking to create a sense of storytelling in your Instagram post.
31. #sunset_pics -this travel hashtag has almost 8 million posts, and a lot of people who love sharing their sunset photos.
32. #stayandwander -with over 13 million posts, this travel hashtag is the perfect one to use if you want to get noticed by travelers worldwide.
33. #staycation -this travel hashtag has almost 8 million posts.
34. #adventureisoutthere -over 3 million posts and a lot of users who love sharing their adventures online through photos.
35. #letsgoeverywhere – it has over 2.5 million posts and is a fun travel hashtag to use if you want to get noticed.
36. #beachvibes -over 10 million posts on Instagram with this travel hashtag.
37. #bestvacations -with almost 10 million posts, this is another great Instagram travel hashtag if you love traveling around the world and sharing your experiences online.
39. #theglobewanderer -this travel hashtag has almost 8 million posts, so use it to share your experiences with other people online.
40. #jetsetter -this travel hashtag has over 2.5 million posts and will help you get noticed on Instagram.
Travel hashtags frequently asked questions
Now that you’ve seen the complete list of travel hashtags, we can move on to FAQs.
Q: How do I find travel hashtags to use?
The easiest way to find the best travel hashtags is by using the list that we have created for you above.
There are also websites like Hashtagify that you can use to get more travel hashtags that you can then add to your photos.
Q: Will this list of Instagram travel hashtags work on other social media sites?
Of course, but remember that you will have to change your hashtags if you want them to fit the audience on other sites.
Q: How popular are Instagram travel hashtags?
Instagram is a very popular platform and it gathers over 600 million users from around the world.
This means that the competition online is very high, so you need to find ways of getting noticed on this site.
Travel hashtags are a great way for you to do that, but remember that you will have to post attractive photos in order for people to notice your account.
Q: What do I have to do in order to get noticed with travel hashtags?
You need to make sure that your Instagram profile is properly optimized, so it can be easily found online.
You can do that by using the right bio and username, as well as choosing a catchy profile photo.
After you’ve done all of that, you can start using different travel hashtags to get noticed online and attract more followers to your profile.
Your photos should always be properly edited and optimized for mobile devices.
So make sure that you take these things into account when you post your photos.
Travel hashtags are a great way for users to get noticed on Instagram, but remember that you also need to be creative in order to get ahead of the competition.
Your photos should be original and relevant if you want people to notice them.
So make sure that you think carefully about what hashtags you attach to your photos and how you will present them on Instagram.
Keep in mind that there are tons of people out there who share their photos online.
Which means that you need to stand out from the crowd if you want to attract more followers.
Now that you know how to find and use the best travel hashtags, you can start getting more engagement on Instagram.
So make sure that you follow the advice given here if you want to improve your content on Instagram.
Are there any other travel hashtags you would recommend?
Let us know in the comments section below!