Here are the Best Udemy Courses You can Take Right Now For Free to Learn Remote Skills
We can always use some improvement especially when it comes to changing our career path. But improvement costs money, right? Wrong!
Some of the best Udemy courses offered are free. Without paying a dime, you can learn new skills or find ways to improve what you know through any of the many free courses on Udemy.
And, if you have never worked remotely, getting some tips on what is involved will be a lifesaver. We may dream of what working from home looks like, but reality may be very different.
Getting an understanding from professionals who have been speaking on this topic for years is an invaluable tool for anyone. And, it’s all free, too!
But to work remotely, you may also need to brush up on a few skills. Or, even learn a few new ones. And, all of Udemy free online courses will help you with that endeavor.
And, we found the best Udemy courses that focus on skills for working remotely just for you.
What is Udemy?
Udemy is an online learning platform that offers courses, free and paid, to professionals to improve their skills so they can advance. The company’s mission is to “improve lives through learning.”
Though there are countless courses you can pay to take, there’s an extensive Udemy free courses list, too.
Education doesn’t always have to cost you something. In this case, the only cost is your time. And, if what you are doing is for enriching your future, then it is time well spent.
So, don’t fret about how to get free Udemy courses. Keep scrolling down to find the best Udemy free online courses that will help you start that next phase in your career, working remotely.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- 13 Common Mistakes Most Amateur Bloggers Make
- Ultimate Guide to Starting and Making Money as a Sex Blogger
- 7 Best Sites to Sell Your Home Crafter Goods
- Ultimate Guide on How to Make Money On OnlyFans
- List of eBay Best Sellers: What to Sell Right Now
Free Work Online Training
This training with Andrea will help you learn how to land your ideal remote job ASAP!
Best Udemy Courses for Free
Here is a list of some of the best Udemy courses available for free that will help you learn remote working skills so you can immediately start working remotely.
Tips for Working Remotely
Before you start on your journey to landing remote work, it’s best to make sure that you have what it takes to be successful as a virtual employee.
Working full-time at home requires a different skillset (and mindset) than working at the office.
Do you have the discipline? Are you self-motivated? Do you really know what you are in store for when working remotely?
To make sure you have a complete understanding, here are the best Udemy courses for working remotely.
If you are new to working remotely or are considering going down this path, then this free Udemy course from Shelley Osborne is perfect for you.
Highlighting the key differences between working at the office versus from home, she will cover:
- Ways to communicate to stay accountable (and social!) with your colleagues
- Best practices for running meetings virtually
- Suggestions for accountability and productivity when working from home
- Ideas for structuring and planning your day and workspace for optimal results
- Quick tips for managers leading teams in a remote world
Total Course Length: 30 minutes
Looking for proven strategies to maximize your ability to work from home while staying organized and productive? Look no further.
This Udemy for free course helps show you how to be successful at home rather than the office.
The course covers:
Tips and tricks with short lectures on different topics including TIME, DISTRACTIONS, BURN OUT, LONELINESS, and MENTAL HEALTH.
Total Course Length: 37 minutes
Moving in a New Direction
Regardless if you are looking to find remote work for the first time or start your own business online from home, you are going to be moving in a new direction. Goals will be set and you need to find a way to achieve them.
And if you are thinking that this transition may be too difficult or not worth the effort and energy, then these best Udemy courses will get you thinking positively.
If you dislike the career path you are on now and are looking for something else, then this Udemy for free course was designed with you in mind.
Topics covered include overhauling your resume, standing out on LinkedIn, and interview prep.
In this course you will learn how to:
- Tap the Hidden Job Market
- Perform Cutting Edge Interviews
- Quote and Negotiate Salary Like A Pro
- Get Calls for Jobs Without Applying
- Resume Template
- Fill-in-the-Blank Phone Screen and Behavioral Interview Prep
- Salary Negotiation Scripts
Total Course Length: 4 hr 43 min
If you have a desire to do better and be better at your work but are lacking the confidence to go out and make the changes to reach your goal, then consider taking this Udemy free course.
Stop being unhappy and learn the techniques to successfully go after what you want.
In this course, you will learn to:
- Stop wasting time, money and energy trying to achieve the wrong goals
- Become more confident by setting and achieving the right goals
- Avoid the traps that prevent people from achieving their goals
- Handle tough times by managing negativity and staying inspired and motivated.
- Feel empowered each time you achieve a proper goal you set
Total Course Length: 53 minutes
If there was one skill that is needed above everything else when it comes to working remotely, it is time management.
Success will be hard to attain if you cannot properly manage your time. Luckily, there are several Udemy free online courses to help you gain this important skill.
In seven helpful steps, you will learn how to instantaneously be more productive and manage your time more effectively while working from home. During the Udemy free course, topics include:
- Using 7 specific steps to immediately increase your productivity
- Avoid one of the biggest time management traps almost everyone falls into
Total Course Length: 37 minutes
Part of time management is ensuring that you are using your time wisely and to your advantage.
That includes harnessing your energy into being super productive while working remotely. This Udemy free course shows you just how to accomplish this.
In the course, you will learn to:
- Redefine self-care and productivity based on your needs and ideals
- Understand the necessity of self-care for wellness and productivity
- Assess where you spend your time and energy (and where you want to)
- Learn and implement the 3 pillars of a productive plan
- Redesign your day-to-day schedule to reflect your priorities
- Develop ways to manage stress and build healthy habits
- Gain practical techniques for maintaining and evaluating your progress
Total Course Length: 1 hr 18 min
Working longer hours does not always mean that you are getting more done. In fact, many times we are not utilizing our time wisely to be as productive as we can. So, we need to change the way work and not the hours we work.
Learn how to rid yourself of habits and tasks that we think are essential that really only drain our time and energy so you can be massively productive in one of the best Udemy courses.
In this course you will:
- Understand the concepts of Deep Work and how to apply it in your context
- Structure better habits for successful productivity (Christensen’s four aspects of discipline)
Total Course Length: 43 min
Besides managing your time, another tool that you must have to successfully work remotely is being organized.
If your home office space needs help in that arena, there are free Udemy courses online that can help.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to get your stuff together and begin getting yourself more organized and productive. In the course, you will learn:
- How to set up your calendar
- How to set up your notes app
- How to set up your to-do list manager
- How to set up your Cloud file storage
- Tips on how to get into the habit of using your system
- Recommended apps
Total Course Length: 1 hr 11 min
Working remotely means that you are communicating virtually. So being effective in the message you are saying is key to being successful.
But how to be successful? Luckily, Udemy can help. And here the best Udemy courses for communicating effectively.
Working remotely means that at some point, you are going to have to communicate and/or present on camera. If you are nervous, it will show.
So, you need to gain confidence and this free Udemy course shows you just how to do that.
This course includes how to:
- be more confident on camera
- speak clearly and with comfort on camera
- enjoy being on camera
- understand the basics of being on camera as a TV reporter, anchor, journalist, spokesperson
- create better YouTube video
Total Course Length: 30 minutes
Ever watched a TED Talk and wished you could be that powerful when giving a presentation.
Well, now you can learn the secrets behind those talks and learn how to transform your communications in one of the best Udemy courses available for free.
The course covers:
- Deliver highly effective and resonant presentations
- Craft meaningful communications to any audience
- Clearly articulate their ideas to get them across
- Understand how to use storytelling to their advantage
- Design great visuals and put an end to horrible PPT slides
- Stand in front of any room and command it
- Utilize a repeatable process again and again for all communications
Total Course Length: 2 hr 19 min
Strengthen Your Computer Skills
Anytime you are looking for a new job, it’s a good idea to review your resume and improve it. One way to do that is to add skills or strengthen existing ones.
Working remotely means that you are not going to have co-workers around that you can easily rely on for help. Luckily, you have these best Udemy courses to support you.
Any job these days, whether working for a company or for yourself, includes using Excel on a daily basis. And the more expert you are in the program, the more you can stand out from the crowd.
Pivot tables are basically mandatory to know these days (not to mention they are a great time-saving tool at work).
In this course you will learn how to:
- Use basic Pivot Tables in Excel
- Analyze large sets of information
- Use Excel more efficiently
- Structure information more effectively
Total Course Length: 50 minutes
It’s impossible to find a job nowadays that does not require you to create a presentation in PowerPoint.
If you have never used this program, then this free online Udemy course is for you. In it, you will learn:
- Understand basic PowerPoint usage
- Understand how animation in Microsoft PowerPoint work
- Easily navigate through PowerPoint and learn its basic functionality
- Believe in their skills and be confident while designing
Total Course Length: 1 hr 52 min
If you want to be a virtual assistant or start your own business and website, then having knowledge of creating a website using WordPress is essential.
If you have never used the site before, then this free online Udemy course cannot be missed.
In this course, you will learn how to build a fully functional and awesome looking website using WordPress and leave with the skills to add more content and change the content you have already added.
Total Course Length: 1 hr 45 min
Looking to have your own website or work in content creation? Then knowing how HTML coding works can give you a leg up against the competition.
With this knowledge, you can create and develop web pages.
In this course, you will know how to:
- Explore HTML Tags see what they can do
- Learn the fundamentals of HTML
- See how HTML elements can be used to structure and design your web page
- Get to Know HTML
- Learn how to create tables, lists, forms, and more
- create your own reusable HTML template
- Learn what’s new with HTML5
- HTML5 for modern web design
- Add images and links to your web content
Total Course Length: 1 hr 51 min
Are you thinking of starting your own eCommerce website? Before you start down this remote work path, it’s best to get a good understanding of how Shopify and Product List Genie work.
Shopify is a global eCommerce platform that allows you to sell anything to anyone with its point of sale features.
Product List Genie is a software designed to help you find all the high converting products that are available on the market.
After taking the course:
- You will have a good understanding of how to use Shopify
- You will have a good understanding of how to use Product List Genie
- You will have a good understanding of how Shopify and Product List Genie can be used to build an exciting online business
Total Course Length: 1 hr 38 min
And if you are looking to improve your computer skills including programming, coding, and AWS, there are over 50 technical courses on Udemy. You can find the Udemy free courses list here.
Improving yourself to follow the path you want does not have to cost you anything. And these best Udemy courses prove just that.
A wealth of knowledge just a click away in the many free courses on Udemy.
Changing career paths can be scary. But, if you are armed with the right skills and knowledge, the transition can be an easy one.
So, try one or more of the best free Udemy courses. You have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain.